Monday, September 17, 2018

Wrap is finshed. "Dropdown" VCT done

The wrap is finished except for the curbing.



The Hi-landers are a bit different than some...in that they end up with a change of direction in the wrap.
That sort of leads to a slight weakness in the roof.
So I reinforced it with some sheet metal and SS staples....definitely no weakness now and since the skylight window is somewhat known to be a problem for leaks I will be wrapping the framework in door and window flashing tape.


   To finish out the weekend.
I got the rest of the VCT laid in the drop down.
Aluminum cove and corner trim will be next.



2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have purchased a very similar camper. I landed here to find examples of your original camper condition. Someone started to replace the inside wood but did not complete the back section. I found a smallish hole in the rear corner on the floor and the rear wood panel is soft. I am trying to find guidance on if I can patch and proceed or if it really needs a frame up rebuild. Any advice on how to evaluate it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing with almost all Scotty's is the walls are only plywood. If it starts rot, there is not any correct or safe way to repair them.
      If the rot is in the floor....it can possibly be patched.
      http://cannedhamtrailers.com/
      mobiltec on Youtube
      He sure knows his stuff and has lots of info available.
      It can also be well worth it to join his online classes.

      Delete